Monday, January 19, 2015

And The Results Are In...My Jan. 2015 Songwriting News!

 

                    (OR: How a few Songwriting Awards Take the "Bite" out of Winter for DeDe :)

Hi there!


Winter's definitely here, and I've been hearing about how cold it's been all around the US from my friends, fans & family. Fortunately, we got a bit of a break this week and it's been sunny and MUCH warmer in the Houston area:) 


I appreciate each and every one of my fans, and I really appreciate you signing up on my Sign Up page for my monthly fan news, and spreading the word about my music! And I love hearing from my fans, so please check out my About page, and feel free to contact me! www.DeDe-Music.com/About


It's been a busy couple of months, and I wanted to share some good news I got this week. I was named a FINALIST in the UK Songwriting Competition for the 2nd year in a row with my song, Blame It On the Summertime.  Last year, my finalist song was The Plans I Have for You.  


I also was grateful to receive some CASH for winning 2nd place in 2 Categories of the 2014 Dallas Songwriting Contest, for The Plans I Have for You, and also for my instrumental version of One Child, which I call, Change the World. These Dallas folks are pretty cool, and tons of songwriters from all over the world enter their annual contest, so it's pretty cool to also get a few nifty certificates from them too.


I really appreciate you Liking me on Facebook, sharing my posts, listening to and purchasing my music. This helps support Indie Artists like me, and gives us encouragement to keep on writing music and performing. I also appreciate you guys in the Houston area who've attended some of my shows and performances. You can see all my upcoming shows here: www.DeDe-Music.com/Shows

Plans for 2015:


I've been writing with my label management (Kevin Dominion Entertainment), in LA. They've worked with Jewel, Hillary Duff and Pink, among others, and we've got great synergy as a songwriting team. I think you'll hear more depth and thought provoking lyrics and some cool new directions in my songs, which are slated to be released sometime around summer 2015.  


Best blessings to you and yours in 2015, and all the best music!

DeDe :) 


LIKE DeDe on Facebook: Www.Facebook.com/DeDeWedekind


Subscribe to DeDe on YouTube: Www.YouTube.com/Dede

No comments:

Post a Comment